Friday, January 6, 2012

epiphany

Yesterday after/during my meltdown in the car I was feeling a little bummed because I was dead set on making 2012 different from last year. I knew I wanted to make some resolutions, adopt some new motto, and participate in the 365 project. But then I blinked and it was the 6th and I was about to say "to hell with it" when I was listening to K-Love and they started talking about the Epiphany Holiday.

Today, January 6th (the 12th night of the 12 days of Christmas), actually marks the last day of Christmas. Some people even celebrate today because today is the day that the wise men arrived and presented their gifts to baby Jesus (this is also debatable). Either way, I'm sure it was just the Lord's way of reminding me that it's never too late.

So in true magi fashion I present to you my 3 resolutions & my 3 new mottos...

RESOLUTIONS:
2. Learn to sew.
3. Keep a daily quiet time & pray more. A lot more.

MOTTOS:
Sidenote: Brie & I both adopted these this year after seeing We Bought A Zoo, which is where they all came from...

1. "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
2. "Find the light."
3. "Why not?"

...

& look for my makeshift 365 project by following me on Instagram or on my tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment