Friday, December 9, 2011

so silly

I think I may have mentioned once or twice how much I love Amy Grant, but can I just say it one more time?!? I LOVE AMY GRANT! Her & Vince Gill's Christmas concerts are the best. I look forward to them every year, checking her website several times to see if/when she will be touring. I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale for Norfolk and I have been looking forward to this night for months. I knew right away to take my BFF Loisann with me. After all, she had been with me the first time I saw Amy's Christmas concert and the first time I got to meet Amy (aka my favorite Christmas present ever!)

This year we made it our personal mission to get backstage to snap another goofy picture with Amy like we had done back in 2003. It turned out to be mission impossible! Even with the charm turned on, we couldn't get past a single guard. We resorted to plan B - waiting outside in the freezing cold by her tour bus...it worked! She came out and spent a few minutes with us and then we got another silly picture with her. Just confirmation that she always will be my favorite singer. I don't know what it was about "It Takes a Little Time" that touched my 10 year old soul so much, but I've been a forever fan ever since.

Now
&
Then

No comments:

Post a Comment