Tuesday, December 20, 2011

be all there

"Wherever you are, be all there." - Jim Elliot

This simple little quote has been so convicting/encouraging as I reflect on this past year. "Being all there" is something I strive to live out daily, but can sometimes be challenging, especially during a year like this past one when things didn't turn out necessarily how I imagined or hoped they would. The truth is, even though selfishly I may not be exactly where I want to be, the Lord has still proven His love and faithfulness with numerous blessings in spite of my disobedience. As 2012 approaches (please hurry!) I think my number 1 only New Years Resolution will be to continue to embrace God's plan for my life by making sure I am "being all there" and living out His word in Colossians 3:23 - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." (NIV).

It wasn't until I stopped fighting God over what I thought was best for my life that I saw all the blessings He has placed right in front of me. I can't thank Him enough for my sister who is also one of my best friends, family (both immediate & extended) that exude love, friends that support and encourage me even from 100s of miles away, and co-workers that make me smile everyday.

Pray for me as I continue to extend this standard into every area of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment