Sunday, October 16, 2011

healing is hard work

This has been quite the week of accomplishments - first time wearing matching shoes in 6 weeks, first time walking without the assistance of crutches/surgical shoes/rolly desk chairs/the closest stationary object in 6 weeks, and the first week back at work in 6 weeks! The people I work with are so sweet to me. I always start work with just a little catch in my step and end work in a full limp, but they are so quick to help me out. It's good to be back.

I still have to wear the surgical shoe when I'm not at work for another week. My bone isn't completely healed so I have to be careful, but I can't even explain how good it feels to be mobile. I just want to run a million miles (not all at once). I don't think I have ever sat so still so long in my entire life and that's the truth, just ask any of my former teachers. In about a month or so I'll be able to start running and dancing again and THAT day can't come soon enough!

Slow and steady. I'm on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment