Thursday, September 8, 2011

allow me to explain

A few weeks ago I was blog stalking a friend of a friend's blog and I came upon a post she wrote about personality types. When I was at LU I took a women's ministry class where we took several personality tests and I remember being so surprised at how spot on the results were for both my strengths and weaknesses. I am now a huge advocate of knowing my friend's and families personality types (& love languages!) b/c I truly think it helps me to love, understand, and relate to them better. And to help everyone get to know who I am and why I do what I do I present to you my personality test results from Myers-Briggs & Gary Smalley.

[extraverted intuitive feeling perceiving]

defined :
ENFPs are initiators of change, keenly perceptive of possibilities. They energize and stimulate others through their contagious enthusiasm. They prefer the start-up phase of a project or relationship, and are tireless in the pursuit of new-found interests. ENFPs are able to anticipate the needs of others and to offer them needed help and appreciation. They bring zest, joy, liveliness, and fun to all aspects of their lives. They are at their best in fluid situations that allow them to express their creativity and use their charisma. They tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfill their expectations. They are easily frustrated if a project requires a great deal of follow-up or attention to detail. (via wikipedia)

explained:
"outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking..." (via ENFP Jung Type Descriptions)

which would explain this...


"ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone, especially on a regular basis." (via ENFP Profile on TypeLogic)

which is why I think breaking my foot and having to sit still for 6 weeks is absolutely the pits!

"Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivious to these types of concerns." (via ENFP Personalitypage.com)

which is why I often forget to bump my appetizers at work, i leave clean and folded laundry sitting on the stairs for days (sorry Mom!) at home, and the time on the clock in my car is always an hour ahead or behind.


SANGUINE
[aka Otter]
defined:
The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. People of sanguine temperament can often be emotional. (via wiki)

explained:
"Sanguines prefer to live in big cities where they can satisfy their craving for variety much easier." (via askwomennet.com)

which is further proof why I belong back in NYC.


"In addition to being spontaneous, Sanguine personalities are sincere. Their moods change quickly, but they don't pretend. They really do feel the way they do. They don't stay mad long, and they don't hold grudges. They are quick to see and admit their own mistakes, and aren't ashamed of apologizing for them." (via Ellen McCormick)

which pretty much sums up all of my blog posts from the past two years.

"Because Sanguines always want to be the center of attention, this lively person is many times a show off or class clown." (via Gospel Gazette)

which somewhat justifies all of those detentions in school and resonates with any of my classmates that were in class with me during 8th grade Advanced English, Geography, Trig, French 3, COMS101, COMS360 and any art class taken at GHS. it also explains why i had an assigned seat in class as a college sophomore.

**Here is a link to a pretty accurate explanation/test for Gary Smalley's Personality Traitst: Click me!

There are about 1 million (Sanguines tend to exaggerate) personality tests out there and it is pretty easy to get sucked into trying them all out. For example, I am also a "Squiggle" according to Psycho-Geometrics, "Tigger" according to 100 Acre Wood Characters, and "Type B" according to the Jacob Goldsmith theory. However, I think Myers-Briggs and Gary Smalley's seem to be the most accurate IMO. So, friends, what is your personality type?!?!

And remember..."God could have made us all Sanguines. We could have lots of fun but accomplish little. He could have made us all Melancholies. We would have been organized and charted but not very cheerful. He could have made us all Cholerics. We would have been set to lead, but impatient that no one would follow! He could have made us all Phlegmatics. We would have had a peaceful world but not much enthusiam for life. We need each temperament for the total function of the body. Each part should do its work to unify the action and produce harmonious results." - Florence Littaur.

No comments:

Post a Comment