Sunday, July 31, 2011

room with a view

It was about this time (literally) last year when I made the decision to move home. I still think it is single handedly the worst decision I have ever made as it has been the worst year of my life, however, I know there is purpose and meaning behind it. As awful and hard as this year has been, God has still been gracious enough to give me a sprinkle of blessings. For example...

- Even though work keeps me from seeing her as often as I like, I now live less than 5 miles from my BFF as opposed to 100+ miles.
- I have a job I actually like (that probably pays about the same) with people my own age. And I don't have to sit at a desk by myself for 8 hours!
- I was the only one home holding our sweet dog when she started having seizures and had to be put to sleep.
- I was able to help my sister plan her wedding. AND I got to help Matt plan their engagement.
- I got to spend more than a weekend at home for the holidays!
- The beach. No other words needed.
- I spent every week dancing in ballet class.
- & I was blessed with some awesome mentors and friends who poured into my life and reached out to me when I was hurting.

The Lord has taught me a lot about myself and really humbled me this past year. I know that things will fall into place as soon as He is done shaping and molding me into who He wants me to be. Which, let's be honest, is hopefully sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment