Thursday, May 26, 2011

reality is a nice place to visit but i wouldnt want to live there

When Matt officially moved out a few weeks ago we went through the daunting task of cleaning out the house, namely the attic. The process, which was spread out over a few days (turns out mom was a bit of a hoarder), was actually quite entertaining. I scored/inherited some fancy teacups and saucers, but my favorite box was the one filled with old toys. It had me reminiscing about simpler times...can you tell I'm getting older? I immediately thought of the "Obsessions" we post every month to Lily Girl's Magazine and how much my "obsessions" have changed over the years. Things like Puppy In My Pocket, American Girl dolls, and dolphins somewhere along the lines got replaced with MAC Fake Eyelashes, Net-a-porter.com, and apps to find cheap gas. The crazier life gets every year the more I long for the carefree days of my childhood. I grew up in my own world, often accompanied by my best friend. In fact, I remember several times when people confronted us about feeling left out around us. We never intended to hurt anyone's feelings, we just had very vivid imaginations. I remember how I used to look forward to picking out my outfit for picture day (no one, I repeat no one, should have ever let me do this) and going away to summer camp. Now I look forward to my next day off (which is practically never) and the day my student loans are paid off (which will be when my family is burdened with them after I die). However, there is still something sweet and fun about every stage of life. I wonder what's next? Choosing paint colors? Picking out dishes? COUPONING?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment