Monday, May 30, 2011

i scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM

It was about this time last year when I was still living in the burg, most days stayed in the 90's and I was eating blue goo ice cream from Mister Goodies everyday that I decided I should buy my own ice cream machine. And I'm not talking dinky little Cuisinart (though I would gladly settle for that now) I'm talking the big boys - like this one from Taylor. I was seriously on to something. I did a little math and those ice cream vendors have to make bank in the summer. It didn't help that around this time I was seriously contemplating leaving my job (which I also did not too long after). And now that summer is practically back in full force I can't help but still think this is a good idea. I mean, how fun would it be to come up with your own flavor combos? Like Sundae Grill's "Playdough" ice cream - bright yellow vanilla ice cream with sugar cookie chunks and rainbow sprinkles. Or "Breakfast Bash" with pancakes, waffles, and french toast from Max & Mina's. What a fun job. I think I'm still suffering from post-grad syndrome. I just have no idea what I'm doing with my life. The longer I've been out of school the more I feel like the "luxury" of choosing what I get to do is just an illusion. I love where I went to school but I sure wish they had set me up for success. I also wish you were exempt from paying student loans if you weren't using your degree. Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment