Saturday, January 1, 2011

all things new

I have never been more excited/thankful/glad to welcome a new year than this one. It's not that I regret 2010, it was just the hardest year of my life. I am completely in the dark about what the Lord has for me in 2011, but it has gotta be better than last year, right?

I have been thinking a lot about my new year's resolutions. I like making them, but I'm not so good at keeping them. I never finished my 10 in 10 - oops! Hey - 7/10 isn't so bad. This year I'm keeping my list short...

1. Learn how to do the splits.
2. Run a half marathon.
3. Finish a sketchbook.

And after eating nothing but candy and junk food since Halloween, the idea of eating a little healthier doesn't sound so bad. Ideally I'd like to cut out trans fats, aspartame, and HFCS but that would mean giving up these...
Pop Tarts - trans fat :(
Cold Stone Birthday Cake Remix - HFCS :(
Diet Coke - aspartame :(
Chocolate Covered Peeps - HFCS :(
Subway Sandwiches - HFCS :(

Is that realistic? I'm not so sure.

What I am sure of is this... "I don't know what my future holds, but I know Who holds my future."

No comments:

Post a Comment