Friday, December 3, 2010

veni, vidi, vici!

The Pop Tart Project is over. I can finally say I have tried every flavor of something (and something delicious at that!) But I bet you probably have some questions so I'm going to try my best to answer as many of them now, but feel free to leave me a comment if I still leave you wondering!

What was your favorite flavor?
My favorite flavor was Chocolate Banana Split, which is unfortunately not around anymore :(
If I had to put them in order it would go a little something like this...
Chocolate Banana Split
Ice Cream Sandwich (formerly Vanilla Creme)
Brown Sugar Cinnamon
Chocolate Fudge
Pumpkin Pie
Vanilla Milkshake
Raspberry
Strawberry Milkshake
Hot Fudge Sundae
Blueberry Muffin
Strawberry
Orange Cream
S'mores
Blueberry
Cherry
Cookies and Cream
Chocolate Chip
Wild Grape
Cinnamon Roll
Apple Strudel
Gingerbread (ew, just ew)

Hey! You cheated! You didn't try all of the unfrosted, lowfat, and 20% DV Fiber varieties!
First off, I don't like you accusing me of cheating and second off...this is a technicality. I did not try the unfrosted versions mostly because I don't like them and because honestly, if you've tasted the crust of a frosted variety with a bit of the middle then you have practically tasted the unfrosted variety. Am I right or am I right? As for the lowfat and 20% DV Fiber varieties - I've had both (previous to this project) in efforts to justify my love for 200 calorie, sugar filled, calorie laden treats and if you were to put all three varieties of the Brown Sugar Cinnamon out for me to taste I don't think I'd be able to tell a difference. Truly.

If you could invent your own Pop Tart, what flavor would it be?
I did invent my own, kind of, click here to see my varieties. The first one (cotton candy & marshmallow version) is my personal fav.

What retired flavors do you wish you would have been able to try?
Caramel Chocolate, Dulce de Leche, Strawberry Cheese Danish, Mint Chocolate Chip, French Toast, & maybe Guava Mango.

Before this project I did get to try Hot Chocolate, which was good, and Wild Berry, which was average. I am not sure if Wild Berry is retired or not, but I haven't seen it in a while.

Why is Pop Tarts spelled so many different ways throughout your blog posts?
I'm still a little unsure of the correct spelling of Pop Tarts. I think technically it is Pop-Tarts...not to be confused with PopTarts or Pop Tarts? Did I spell it any other ways?

Will you still eat Pop Tarts?
As much as I love Pop Tarts, and I DO love Pop Tarts, I probably will not continue to eat them on a regular basis mostly because of the HFCS. I think I will always save a few of my favorites to have as occasional treats, but I may have to switch to Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries. Cherry chocolate anyone? Don't hate me Kellogg's!

Are you going to try every flavor of something else now?
Probably not. The Pop Tarts really satisfied, but if I did, I would probably have to pick something a little more healthy - like yogurt or Larabars. But secretly, I think all varieties of cereal would be a quite a feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment