Tuesday, September 21, 2010

back to the burg

This weekend I drove back up to the Burg with Brie! Friday night we got into town late and stayed the night with the Clarkson's. It was so good to catch up with Jess - I love hanging out with her & Nathan, they are so welcoming and comfortable to be around. Saturday morning Brie, Jess, and I got up ridiculously early to drive to Roanoke to run in the Marine Mud Run 5k! It was a BLAST and we were sooooooo muddy afterwards!
I even got a battle wound!
When we were wading through the river and going through the obstacles we kept imagining we were real Marines. Good thing it was just pretend!

I spent that afternoon catching up with Beth and then headed off to Smith Mountain Lake with Sarah, Megan, Rachel, and Tirzah to surprise Jen for her b-day! And boy was she surprised!!!! SUCCESS :) We stayed up late gazing at the stars, catching up, and celebrating Jen! I am so blessed to have such amazing friends. The weekend was way too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment