Sunday, August 1, 2010

oh the places you'll go

Today was my last day in Lynchburg.

The whole week was filled with mixed emotions and lots of goodbyes, hugs, tears, and s'mores! It felt great to leave my job and terrible to leave my friends. I was sad to see the mountains disappear on my way home, yet I welcomed the beach with open arms. It was bittersweet really. I spent 5 years there essentially and some of my best memories are up on that mountain. Check out this video of my last week...


I woke up early on Saturday and went up to the stairs of DeMoss - those oh-so-friendly steps I walked daily as a student at LU - and I just thanked God for my time there. For the good and the bad. Another piece to my puzzle as my mom would say. Another set of stairs for me. Remember these? I don't know if I will ever live there again. Never say "never," right? But I am thankful for my time there. Every sad, hard, or lonely night spent in Lynchburg was worth it for the friendships that came out of my nine month stay. I will never forget any of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment