Tuesday, July 13, 2010

july 11, 2010

I meant to post on July 11th. It's now July 13th and I am making myself write now while the day is still fresh on my mind. July 11th was amazing. Definitely one of the best days I have had in Lynchburg as a post-grad. It wasn't that anything particular happened - no long awaited event, or a special surprise, nothing that involved gifts...it was just a good day. Have you ever had one of those days where the overflow of little things just makes you smile? It was one of those.

I woke up on Sunday refreshed. After a long and stressful week and a little bit of a lonely weekend I woke up and just finally surrendered everything to the Lord. I reached a breaking point, but this time instead of sending me into a puddle of tears meltdown, I felt peace. I went to church and was greeted by a huge group of friends, we took up nearly an entire row at TRBC.
The service was great and randomly, my tour guide from Israel, Ido, was in town visiting! After church we all went out to LaCa to celebrate Ryan's birthday - another fun time of fellowship.

That evening our Sunday night Bible study group got together and hiked up to the LU monogram to finish our last lesson in Joyce Meyer's "Never Give Up Series" Everything about the night was incredible - the people, the views, the conversation, the prayers, the hugs...everything. I hope I never forget that day. God is doing something big in my life and I can't wait to see how everything unfolds.

Here are some pics from the evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment