Thursday, July 1, 2010

cinnamon roll


I can't remember the last time I had a cinnamon roll for breakfast...maybe its because Americans have taken everything sweet and delicious and made it practically taboo to indulge in. Cinnamon rolls (along with doughnuts, scones, coffee cake, and other danishes) automatically got lumped in the "don't eat ever" category. And if I'm being honest, a sugar rush is probably not the best way to start my morning. When I got my hands on these cinnamon roll pop tarts I was thrilled. I feel like its pretty hard to go wrong with sugar and cinnamon, thus my obsessive love for Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Here's how the cinnamon roll pop tarts fared:

Toasted: SOOOOO tasty! Warm and yummy, similar to a freshly baked cinnamon roll. I think they would have been awesome with warm apples over a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream!
Frozen: Wayyy too much crust goin on.
As Is: The taste was there, but the frosting to crust ratio was way off. Entirely too much pastry in my opinion ;)

Pop Tart Fact: Kellogg test-marketed Pop Tarts in Cleveland, where they sold out the initial test run of forty-five thousand cases. Kellogg quickly released Pop Tarts nationwide, along with a stern warning to store managers to put them in the cake and cookie aisle, not the cereal aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment