Wednesday, June 9, 2010

overnight

Something that you may or may not know about me is that I love Amy Grant. She is my all-time favorite singer. I own every album. Her music resonates with me. And seriously, who WOULDN’T be able to at least relate to “Takes a Little Time”? One of the best Christmas gifts I ever received was a surprise from my dad…front row tickets to her Christmas concert AND a backstage pass to meet her after the show!

SURPRISE!

And then again on my birthday the next year…front row tickets to her show and a backstage pass. She even wished me Happy Birthday on stage! She is one of the kindest, most engaging people I have ever met, which just makes me love her music even more. Last time I was traveling home I put in her newest CD “Somewhere Down the Road” and I only made it to the second song before I found myself sticking it on repeat. Never has a song been truer in my own life. Listen for yourself…

1 comment:

  1. Heart in Motion was my first cassette tape! My mom and I listened to Amy Grant ALL the time :) Every summer my family would go to Great Adventure. I was always pressured to go on the flume ride, as soon as the ride took off I would start to have a panic attack (the clank clank clank sound always freaked me out) so my mom would start singing "Angels watching over me, every move I make..." haha

    ReplyDelete