Monday, June 14, 2010

hello hershey

This weekend was really fun! It ended up being a mini reunion of sorts due to my friend Kelly's wedding. For those of you who don't know, Kelly was my roommate my sophomore and junior year of college. She was the PERFECT roommate...you know...non-smoker, clean, slept through anything, kind, considerate, friendly, all of the above. What I didn't know going into my sophomore year was that I would start out with a roommate and leave with a friend! I was lucky enough to have her crash on my couch a few nights leading up to her wedding and it was so good to just spend time catching up with her in the midst of all the craziness. She headed home to PA in the middle of the week and I drove up after work on Friday. Since I couldn't leave until after work I split my trip in half and stayed at JMU with Loisann - the exact halfway mark!! It was really good to see Loisann too! I think the last time I saw her was when she came to visit me at Christmas time which is wayyyyy too long! Saturday morning I drove the rest of the way and met up with Kerri & Nikki!

As you can see from the photos below, Kel's wedding was absolutely beautiful. And get this, almost everything you see from decorations to the cake (yes, even the cake!) she completely made herself! The girl is amazing.


After Kel's wedding, Nikki, Kerri, and I headed back to our hotel for some R&R (and a little World Cup!) before heading out to HERSHEY!!!! It was my first time there and of course I LOVED it! We went to the park just long enough to ride the Comet and grab dinner before a huge thunderstorm came! We were bummed, but we refunded our tickets and used it to make our own chocolate bars in Chocolate World which turned out to be way cooler than any roller coaster I could have ridden that day.

The "Create Your Own Chocolate Bar" Factory had only been open for 2 weeks so we are some of the first people to ever create our own there. The process is pretty basic but a lot of fun. First, you put on your gear (see below) and head to a mini chocolate orientation. Then, you use computers to select your chocolate and ingredients - I picked milk chocolate with graham cracker crumbs, sprinkles, and vanilla chips! You get to watch your chocolate go through the conveyer belt where it gets filled with all of your add-ins and while the chocolate hardens/dries you go to another computer room where you get to design your own label. It was so cool and the chocolate was delicious!!!!!!!!! We had a blast. Check it out...

Dressed & ready to make some chocolate!
My chocolate bar!
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment