Saturday, June 26, 2010

finish line

I did it! I finished the race! And I think I finally got my "runner's high." Bring on another race! I told Jess this morning, as we nervously approached the starting line, that my stomach felt like it does right before a roller coaster - you know that nervous feeling you get even though you know what you are about to do is completely safe and totally fun? Crossing that finish line was a complete rush!

I'd like to give a big thanks to God for giving me good health and the ability to run, Beth for getting up in the wee hours of the morning to run the hills of Wyndhurst with me, Miley Cyrus for getting me to the finish line, and Turkey Hill for FREE ice cream!!!!!

* Sidenote: I would never normally promote anything Philly-related, but this ice cream is crazy good - graham cracker ice cream with chocolate covered marshmallows and graham swirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment