Sunday, June 20, 2010

dad's day

This is the third Father's Day in a row that I have not spent with my dad :( I know it doesn't bother him, but I miss him a lot...especially today! And the 186.67 miles that are between us feel like light years.

You see, my dad and I are close. Really close. We've always had this sort of special bond. I think I've always been a "Daddy's girl." He just gets me. He knows exactly what to do or say to encourage me and he does it often. He is also my biggest supporter. There has never been a day in my life when I wasn't 100% completely sure of his love for me (even when he had to punish me!)

I truly believe my relationship with God is so strong b/c of the example my dad has set for me. I've heard it said often that God loves us so much more than our earthly fathers ever could, which is so unreal to me b/c I can't imagine anyone loving me more or taking better care of me than my dad now.

Thank you Dad, I love you.


1 comment: