Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ask & you shall receive

Quick little life update for everyone...things are better! Truly! The Lord has really just worked on my heart here recently and I've learned so much in just a few days! One of the most important things I've learned is to ask God for what you need - Luke 11:9. I was just telling my friend Andrea how I could not believe how many blessings I have missed in my own life because I had been too prideful to ask for them. As soon as I finally broke down and asked God for what I needed - He did it. And almost instantly!

And you wanna know what made asking this time different? This time I actually believed He would provide. I've half heartedly asked God for things in the past (by the way God, I'm still hoping to find that retainer!) but I never believed they would truly happen. I was at a Bible study two weekends ago and we read about how Jesus would not do miracles in his home town because of their unbelief. God not only wants us to ask, but for us to believe!

This has been especially convicting when it comes to the Lily Girl's Magazine. My friend Jen reminded me recently that ministry doesn't have to be something huge or big. Ministry can be making a difference in the life of one person. I think I get so caught up in thinking of Lily Girl's Magazine as this distant vision that is on the brink of becoming something huge, something I haven't reached yet. But thats so untrue! I'm in ministry right here. Right now.

I love spending time with Jen. I love that our conversations are not self-centered, but always about what Christ is doing in our lives. I may not be able to tell you her favorite color, but I CAN tell you that her heart is for the Lord. And isn't that what's more important anyways?

I feel very blessed, in the past two weeks I have had some great godly role models placed in my life that have encouraged me and pointed me towards Christ. Even my "old" friends have showered me with blessings from surprise visits, to dinners, long walks, and even encouraging e-mails. Thank you.

"I thank my God every time I remember you." - Philippians 1:3 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Miranda I can't tell you enough how encouraging this blog post was! I needed to hear it. It's so hard because I know this.. but putting it into practice is a whole other thing. I know that I can and should trust God with my future; He's never failed to prove His faithfulness in my life! Again and again He has provided beyond what I could have even thought to ask for, and yet I actually have the audacity to doubt that He'll provide what I ask for?

    ReplyDelete