Thursday, March 4, 2010

3 days till diz!

I leave for Orlando THIS weekend and I am sooooooooo excited! I’m not sure exactly what Brie & I will be doing, but I know it will be FUN…we will be in the “Happiest Place on Earth” after all. I’ll be sure to include lots of fun pictures when we return. In the mean time I thought you guys might enjoy reading my latest articles. Does being published mean people finally care what you write? You decide…


“Sweets for Every Season” from the Lynchburg Living Mar/Apr 2010 Hitched Issue:

http://www.lynchburgliving.com/archive.php?storyid=1629&t=7

**If that link doesn’t work check out http://www.lynchburgliving.com & look under the “Taste” section!


Blog post for Prototype Advertising:

http://www.prototypeadvertising.com/blog/general/piece-of-cake/


I know you wouldn’t know it by my recent posts, but I don’t ALWAYS write about cake, or food for that matter. However, since we are already on the topic of it, I thought I’d go ahead and share my all-time favorite cake…


I think you’ll be surprised…


It’s not from NYC…


Or even a bakery…


It isn’t homemade…


Got a clue yet?


A box only costs 88 cents at Wal-Mart…


...


FUNFETTI CAKE WITH RAINBOW CHIP FROSTING!!!!!


Is there a better cake? No. Although Wendy Coffey’s almond cake with raspberry buttercream (my favorite from the Bridal Luncheon…shhhhh!!!) is probably a close second. There is just something SO good about funfetti cake – it has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. But a PERFECT funfetti cake involves a few extra steps. First off, you MUST use egg whites only. If you make the cake with 3 eggs instead of 4 egg whites, it turns into a yellow cake with sprinkles (yellow cake is my least fav – ew!), you cannot add anything extra to the mix (no need for extra pudding b/c the cake is already part of Pillsbury’s super moist line), and you HAVE to frost it with Betty Crocker’s rainbow chip frosting (not to be confused with Pillsbury’s funfetti frosting). Do I have you drooling yet? Go ahead and make one…you won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment