Sunday, January 3, 2010

twenty ten.

I may be having a mid-life crisis.

At 22.

Some of you think 22 is young, and some of you think 22 is old, but I like to think of it as “the middle.” Thus, the “mid-life” crisis.

My new year’s resolution? Change my life. Vague and over-the-top, just how I like my resolutions. I mean you didn’t honestly expect me to crank out “eat healthy” or “go to the gym everyday,” right? I don’t like to set myself up for failure (I brought in the new year with a muffin top & diet coke breakfast – classy)

If you’ve been keeping up with my blog since the summer then you might remember my post about what I wanted to do with my life - BEING GROWN UP ISN'T HALF AS FUN AS GROWING UP.

Well I’m finally taking some practical steps to make my dreams a reality. My bakery is up and running on etsy and I’ve spent the past month working on my “second job” – Lily Girl’s Magazine. (My boss Johanna helped come up with the name and it took a little time, but I fell in love with it, esp. after reading about the lilies of the valley in comparison to Christ – check it here). Anyways, it is an online Christian webzine for girls and I’ve never been more excited or passionate about something in my entire life. I seriously can’t wait to see all the ways God is going to use this ministry for good. I’ve been blessed with a team of amazing friends who blow my mind with their stories and passion for Christ.

So Instead of letting Satan steal my joy lately, I’ve been letting him steal my sleep. And maybe “let” is not the right word because I value my sleep. I don’t even know the last time I slept through the night (even with a Tylenol PM!) But part of me doesn’t mind because I’m getting to do what I’ve always wanted to do.

Here’s to having dreams come true this year (and maybe getting a little shut eye)!

Lily Girl’s Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment