Monday, December 21, 2009

winter wonderland

You really won't believe that I, of all people, would be saying this...BUT...I don't think I like snow anymore. And heres why:

Friday - Drive home & beat the snowstorm.
Miranda 1, Snow 0.

Saturday - 2 feet of snow ruins the family Christmas party I look forward to every year.
Miranda 1, Snow 1.

Sunday - The road that takes me back to the burg is closed & I have to take a 5 hour detour.
Miranda 1, Snow 2.

Monday - Go to work, park across the street on a sheet of ice, and walk in snow up to my knees to get inside.
Miranda 1, Snow 3.

Catch my drift?

So I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to have our family Christmas party. In all honesty, I can say it is definitely one thing I look forward to every year. I would say a huge part of why its so great includes: my aunt's deviled eggs, Nana's stuffed celery, and Aunt Donna's caramel apple cheesecake. But really, the biggest reason its so great is because its the one time out of the entire year that I get to see my Mom's side of the family...which means I get to spend time with this crazy cousin of mine (photo taken from last year's Christmas party)

I was grateful to at least get to spend a little time with my immediate family. And by a little time, I mean less than 48 hours. It was really nice just to see them though and to know that I will be back home again on Wednesday!

Want to know one of my favorite things about being home? It may come as a surprise, but I really love grocery shopping with my Dad. And its not just because he buys me eggnog ice cream, chocolate muffin tops, and marshmallow lovers hot cocoa (though all of those things are great) I think what I love most about it is that for that hour, or however long we are in the store, I have his complete attention. No distracting computers, tvs, or phones (ok, sometimes the phone, but not always). I don't know, I just really like it. Dad started doing the grocery shopping years ago and it is a rare occasion that he goes without me tagging along. Call me crazy but I think its fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment