Wednesday, November 11, 2009

catch 22

I'm sick. Sicker than sick. Laying-down-almost-in-the-fetal-position-as-I-type-this sick. The only reason I am even writing right now is because a) I cannot sleep and b) I'm trying hard to make light of my current situation. You know what the worst kind of sick is? The kind you can't avoid. Sure you can prevent a cold if you bundle up outside, and avoiding mono is easy if you have your own chapstick, but what do you do when the medicine you have to take makes you sick? Nothing. Its a catch 22. If I don't take my medicine, the long-term effects are probably much worse than the crippling symptoms I'm feeling now...but can I survive like this? Forgive me for going Michael Moore here but I can't help but think it's some sort of medical conspiracy. Wouldn't you? I don't think it helps that Hurricane Ida has brought a gloomy storm to our area. That kind of weather doesn't make anyone feel good. Oh well, what can you do? Cry? Tried that, didn't help. I really just want my mom.

Enough doom and gloom. I think its about time I finally updated everyone on my new job. I LOVE IT. Seriously, it is really great. I look forward to going to work and I really like the people I work with. It is so neat to be a part of a team with so many talented people. Everyone I work with is SO good at what they do - it amazes me. I have lots of work to do everyday, but my dad says thats a good thing. Work = a job after all. But really, I have no complaints. Last weekend I got to work at the Bridal Showcase where I sampled pretty much every wedding cake available. Like I said, no complaints here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment