Saturday, October 10, 2009

soundtrack

So today on my mini road trip I was flipping through the stations probably about 243943 million times trying to find a good song to sing loudly to (I use alone time in the car to give my pipes some practice) and I could not settle on a station to save my life. If I never hear another Lady Gaga song I think I would die completely content. So the silence that resulted in my radio protest left me thinking about how nice it would be if life came with a soundtrack. I mean, think about it, how much better would a great experience be if it was accompanied by "Walking on Sunshine"? And how much easier would a break-up be if you were blasting "Independent Women"? Yeah, just imagine getting ready in the morning to "Lip Gloss". I know.

I think if I had to pick my own soundtrack it would kick off with Mary Mary's version of "Put a Little Love in Your Heart" and be compromised of an eclectic mix of girly pop songs (think Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Kelly Clarkson), 90s rock (Matchbox 20, Dave Matthews Band, Third Eye Blind), guys with guitars (John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson), upbeat dance songs, Amy Grant, and James Brown's "Get Up Offa That Thing" for good measure. But if it came down to picking ONE song I'm torn between Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and the piano sheet music to "Heart & Soul" - both songs put me in such a good mood. So good that I think I might just go change my ringtone. Right. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment