Tuesday, October 6, 2009

an apple a day...


You know what they say..."an apple a day keeps the doctor away," and if thats true then I might as well drop my health insurance because I am set for life after this week. I blame the crisp autumn air for my recent apple obsession. It all started last weekend when I made cinnamon apple streusel amish friendship bread (my own recipe!) Yes, I am still on the amish friendship bread kick. I just can't get enough of that stuff. Literally. In all seriousness I ate so much I had a terrible tummy ache. This was my best variation of the bread yet and you can find the recipe right here. I think having it appear on a recipe site makes it seem more legit, what do you think?

Anyways, my apple-icious week continued with homemade caramel apple salad, a butternut squash apple bake, and of course, caramel apple cupcakes! Throw in some real caramel apples, apple streusel granola bars, the new caramel apple hershey kisses, and a few of my favorite fujis and I'd say my next doctor's appointment won't be until well into the year 2016 at least. I wish I could have finished off this week by visiting a real apple orchard. And my efforts failed despite my lack of trying. Apparently apple orchards are few and far between when you live by the beach. Besides, I didn't really NEED any more apples after this week anyways.

You see, I have this bad habit where I find something I really like to eat and it slowly becomes all I want to eat. This is why I had a pb&j almost everyday K-12th grade, and why my dinner request every night in 1996 was Kraft mac&cheese, and why last year I ate pumpkin pie oatmeal everyday for breakfast. Oops!

So this week I am slowly incorporating other foods back into my diet and praying that I will receive a phone call that results in me being back in NYC. They need me there, I'm good for the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment