Wednesday, September 23, 2009

frosted strawberry

I bet you thought I had forgotten about my little pop tart project, huh? Well I definitely have not. I just have to space out those tempting treats. After all, they are like 200 calories a piece and my pants didn't start magically fitting over night. Anyways, let me also preface this post by commenting on the picture. That cracked and crumbly pop tart is a direct result of negligence & exactly why I use a pop tart container when toting them around. My sweet sister brought me this flavor all the way from Norfolk and must not haven known how fragile they are in their flimsy aluminum wrapper.

As for the strawberry flavor? They aren't particularly my favorite, but I think you should also know that is rare that I would pick strawberry over any other flavor. It's just not my thing, unless of course its strawberry cake (I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT STUFF IS SO GOOD!?!?) So here is what I thought...

Toasted: I think this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy a pop tart in general but with the strawberry it was a little weird, it was like toasting strawberry jam...you wouldn't do that, but somehow in this case it kinda works.

Frozen: Most likely the best way to enjoy the frosted strawberry, it tasted just like dessert!

As Is: Strawberry as is seemed a little boring and not as flavorful as the enhanced versions (both toasted & frozen)

Keep checking back for more! NEXT: s'mores!!!!

Pop Tart Fact: If pastry is overheated, frosting/filling can become extremely hot and could cause burns. Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment