Sunday, August 16, 2009

this is it!

Friday was my last day at work and Lizzie and I had to deliver a package to 30 Rock. We got to go together though which made the 40+ block walk a little more enjoyable. By the time we got back to the office my dad was outside waiting to pick me up so I quickly said my goodbyes and headed over to my apartment to move out. Once we were all packed up we headed over to Hoboken - which I am pretty much obsessed with. We went to Carlo's Bakery (aka CAKE BOSS!!) and had cannoli & lobster tails which were delicious and then we went to the Grimaldi's in Hoboken (no line...holla) for dinner.

After dinner we took the ferry over from Hoboken to Pier 11 and walked over to South Street Seaport. It was the last night of their summer concert series so there was live music, street performers, shopping and lots of people! South Street Seaport kinda reminds me of a mix of Boston, Chicago, and NYC combined. It has the cobblestone streets like Boston, a pier like Navy Pier in Chicago, and the huge Wall Street buildings that Manhattan is known for.

(a little friendly competition between the ice cream trucks?)

Saturday morning we got up early and headed back into Manhattan for our last little rendezvous in the city. We practically ATE our way through the city...literally. We started at Three Tarts downtown where we had the most AMAZING pear cider, homemade marshmallows, ice cream sandwiches, and lots of cookies. Then we headed to Chelsea market and loaded up on treats from Amy's Bread. We also ran across bulk packages of Nutella...

While we were downtown we went to the FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) museum. I have wanted to go practically all summer but somehow never managed to find time. I personally thought it was a complete waste. In my mind I guess I was just imagining a huge museum full of classic designer pieces somewhat similar to the Model as Muse exhibit at the MET. False. It was small and must have somehow been affiliated with some underlying liberal agenda. An Obama dress? Give me a break.

After the museum we took the train up to Central Park and walked west to east from Strawberry Fields to the Alice in Wonderland statue. Then we went and got huge black & white cookies from William Greenberg on the Upper East Side. We headed back down to Midtown for some shopping and quick trip to Crumbs (how could I pass up one last trip to Crumbs?) Then we headed down to the Jacque Torres Chocolate Factory in Manhattan. It was really cool in there. We tried the "Wicked Hot Chocolate" that had cayenne pepper in it! It was weird, but I didn't hate it. It was a really good last day in the city.

Now what? Who knows!? The search for a job continues...I'm really glad 4 years at a private college paid off. All I know is that the last time I was this short on money was in 3rd grade when I spent my birthday money on Littlest Pet Shops. I've always been one for instant gratification. I am just going to try and be patient and trust that the Lord has bigger and better things in store for me. We'll see what happens!

"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment