Monday, August 17, 2009

parting lessons from nyc

Parting lessons from the big city...

1. You don't have to look both ways before you cross the street - a habit I hopefully don't carry over at home or I am putting myself at a 50% higher risk of getting hit by a car.

2. Street meat smells better than it tastes. Trust me.

3. NYC's definition of "sale" and mine are very different.

4. If you live in NYC you have to get lost in Brooklyn at least once. Its like some unwritten initiation. I was on the Subway when I realized. You'll know too.

5. There is a street vendor for every kind of food you could ever imagine - cupcakes, hot dogs, pretzels, schnitzel, ice cream, crepes, sausage, waffles, kebabs, coffee, tacos...you name it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you keep this blog alive. Maybe you can review some of the food places in Hampton Roads so wel all can share. You have great tastebuds. Maybe when you get back home, you will find something interesting to do and share with people like me who enjoy your writing and your culinary adventures.

    ReplyDelete