Monday, August 10, 2009

it is what it is

I flew home this past weekend to go to my friend Adam's wedding. My extended weekend (5 days) was a nice break, even though most of my weekend was spent on the road. While it was nice to not have to get around flinstone-style, 17 hours in a car is not exactly what I had in mind. I have also noticed that things at home are definitely not quite as fast-paced or exciting as NYC.

Exhibit A...
(Brie self-roasting a s'mores flavored marshmallow)

This is going to be a problem when I go home next weekend and my blog rapidly becomes boring. I personally found trips to Target & Wal-Mart exhilarating (they dont exist in Manhattan) but there is only so much to be said about both.

Anyways, the wedding on Saturday was beautiful. The ceremony and reception were outside at this mansion in North Carolina. It was well worth the 5+ hour drive. I arrived late (thanks a lot TomTom) but hey - better late than never! Right? I still can't believe Adam is married.

This weekend I also took full advantage of finally having an oven. Lets just say my breakfast this morning looked a lot like cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment