Thursday, August 13, 2009

the end.

These past few days have been a complete whirlwind. I cannot believe tomorrow is my last day at Shape! The summer went by SO fast. I have spent this week trying to learn and soak in as much information as I can. I've been volunteering all of my free time to help the Social Media Marketing Director, and when I'm not doing that I'm EATING! (thus the lack of updates) So let me see if I can catch you up...

Tuesday night was Katie's last night in the big city so after work we met up and went downtown to eat at this mac & cheese place called S'mac. All they serve is mac & cheese! Katie had the "Alpine" which had swiss cheese and bacon and I had the "Napoletana" with mozzarella, basil, garlic and tomatoes. It was pretty good if you could get past the 1/2 inch of grease on top and the terrible service (I'm talking to you KiAnna!) After dinner we walked over to Greenwich for dessert. On our way we looked into all of the apartments and we saw one with a huge painting of a man's portrait and, as we were staring, the man in the portrait came into the room! HAHAHA! Katie went on a food tour in Greenwich so she showed me all the good places to get dessert when we got there - cannoli's at Rocco's (SO GOOD!) followed by banana and chocolate hazelnut gelato at L'arte Del Gelato. All of the gelato flavors were in Italian so I had to ask which was what!

Wednesday after work Lizzie and I walked around the city and had dinner in Grand Central before she had to catch her train home. It was sad to think that was probably our last time hanging out outside of work :(

Today was a pretty good last full day of work. We were SO productive, even if it was a bit tedious, and I felt very accomplished afterwards. I think it also helped that we were treated to a delish lunch in the Flatiron district and one too many cupcakes...

I don't think it has quite hit me that I am leaving the city. I don't want to leave at all. I really do like it here. I selfishly wish Shape would just hire me. I kinda feel like a puppy in a pound, no one wants me! When I think of all the reasons why I might not have been hired (other than the simple fact that we are in a recession and the media industry is hurting) I am constantly reminded that I haven't exactly kept up with the Shape image. Maybe they caught me eating cupcakes for breakfast? (Wouldn't YOU if you passed a cupcake truck on your way to work?) Or maybe it is because I haven't worked out since my 2 week free trial membership ran out in June? Or maybe they know that I secretly have full intentions of buying the September issue of Self...Kelly Clarkson is on the cover!

Time to face reality - I'm headed back home...which reminds me, I still need to pack!

2 comments:

  1. I hope KiAnna reads this blog! She needs a reality check!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and this is Katie on my Mom's account haha

    ReplyDelete