Monday, July 13, 2009

i think i'll go to boston...

I had THE most relaxing weekend this past weekend! I hopped on the Boltbus Friday and headed up to Boston to meet Kerri. I love Boston. The people are friendlier and its a lot cleaner than NYC. Plus, Boston is home to one of my all-time favorite restaurants...Fire & Ice! We ate there on Friday night where I enjoyed four (count 'em...four) plates of grilled goodness. Then we walked over to the North End to snatch up chocolate chip cannolis from Mike's Pastries! We were walking back over to South Station when we caught a glimpse of some familiar street dancers. Perhaps you will remember them from the video I posted when Kerri visited me in NYC...
How crazy is that?! They must travel. Saturday morning Kerri & I got up early, grabbed some DD, and headed over to her cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee. It was absolutely beautiful out. We spent the entire day laying out at the beach. That night we took a stroll, listened to some old jazz band music, and fell asleep to the sound of summer rain. Sunday morning we woke up and took a boat ride around the lake before heading off to church. We ate a buffet style lunch afterwards and then Kerri and I headed back to Boston where I caught the Boltbus back to the hustle and bustle of NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment