Wednesday, June 10, 2009

wednesday

Not gonna lie...today was kinda boring at work.

My boss left for the Bikini Body Tour in Miami today (lucky!) and before she left she realized she left something at home so she asked me & Liz if one of us would mind going to get it. She felt bad and said it was unprofessional to ask, but I jumped at the chance for reasons that were just as selfish as her asking. 1) She lives on the Upper East Side and I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the filming of Gossip Girl and 2) Who doesn't want to see where their boss lives?!

After that little adventure, I spent the rest of the time at work making phone calls and drafting e-mails - nothing to write home about. In fact, I HATE making phone calls. It is probably one of my least favorite things to do, right above cleaning the bathroom. I can't complain too much though because I got off work early! AND I met this lady at work named Suzanne Bell. She does AD Sales for Shape.com and she is sooooo nice. She is going to let me come in on a Friday and teach me all of the online stuff for the magazine so that will be really sweet :)

After work Katie, Amanda, and I went over to the Boat Basin Cafe on the Upper West Side, its this cute little outdoor restaurant right by the Hudson River. ED2010 had this huge welcome party for interns and I met a lot of other magazine interns there. 


I'm really beginning to figure out NYC, but there is one thing that absolutely puzzles me...do these people really have all this money or do they just have a lot of debt? I think a lot of them are in debt. Thats my conclusion. What do you say?

Anyways, tomorrow Kerri & Emily get here and I cannot wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment